flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

summertime, summertime, summertime, summertime...

This past summer has been a whirlwind of adventure!! I have loved having a summer 'off' from working and instead being able to enjoy traveling and hanging out with people :) I just thought that I would reflect on some of the highlights and post a few photos...



Highlights:

- driving with Jess to the Calgary Stampede and nearly being killed by a crazy hail storm!! I think my life passed before my eyes...it was a gong show, but a fun gong show ;)

- seeing the dinosaur fossils at the Drumheller Museum (and getting to visit with Al)
- going camping with Mel, Janny and Megs and nearly dying AGAIN from the cold waters of Chilliwack Lake (the cold also had a negative effect causing Megs and I to have to go pee three times during the nite!!)
- getting to go and serve up at Rough Acres
- singing and dancing to 'newsies' while doing the dishes in the kitchen
- having one of the cooks come up to us and say 'ok, i totally just farted' (BAHA!!)
- celebrating Mel's tu-tu birthday on the dock (and eating WAY too much cake...)
- doing our annual 'cultus lake waterslide' trip with the youth (classic)
- going to Bard on the Beach (it is going to become an annual summer event)
- visiting Anne in Toronto and having amazing chats and prayer times
- driving down to New York
- Kissing Hans Christian Anderson
- Seeing 'The Phantom of the Opera' on Broadway
- Going ATVing and boating on the Maskoka Lakes

- Having my amazing/gong show friends pick me up at the Airport with balloons, signs and hawaiian leis (when Megs was asked 'how long has your friend been gone??' she laughed and replied 'only 2 weeks')
- Playing sorry and wearing animal masks
- going to Lynden, WA to visit Liz (and consuming a pound of fudge...)
- lots of good 'chill time' with my friends !! :) YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!
- learning what it means to truly trust God (still learning...)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that I made it on the blog, maia! I don't know about the crazy hail storm...I thought that was a dream! You mean, it was REAL?? Wow, you mean I drove through that? I mean....I was completely in control ;) O yes, summer fun with the cowboys!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home