flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

this one's for you bro...



Tonite, as my sister, bro-in-law and I were painting the garage door (a late birthday gift for my dad Ted), Kristian pressed me with a question: "So Maia, why don't you have any photo's of your family on your blog?? Huh?". So Kristian, despite the fact that you painted more on me than the garage, that you knocked over the box of stamps in the hallway AND that I now have to go and re-do everything that you painted today, this one's for you ;)

I'm going to be honest here...God blessed me with an amazing brother-in-law. But I think the 'coolest' thing about Kris and I's "story" is that our friendship wasn't immediate. Kris and I are very different people. He likes the business scene. I'm a free spirit. He likes to fish. I hate fish. He likes to hunt. I could never shoot an animal. He is obsessed with beef jerky. I think it smells like a cat treat. However, we also have a lot of things in common. We both love God. We both love my sister. We both like to be goofs. We both like to talk smack to each other. Throughout my time of getting to know Kristian, God has done amazing things in our friendship. Kristian is one of the guys in my life that I really respect. He has a passion for God. He desires to be a man of integrity in a tough business world. He protects my sister and honours her everyday. He loves my family. He looks out for me and is my 'overprotective big brother'. So, after all is said and done, I love ya bro! I remember thinking the day that you got married to Sarah, "Wow, this guy is really going to be a part of my life forever. He'll be there for all of our family birthdays, there to greet me at the airport when I come home from one of my many adventures, there if I ever get married, there to poke fun at, cry with, pray with." And you know what? That makes me really really happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

oooohhh burn!! of COURSE you'll get an amazing bro-in-law. obviously he'd be cool...he'd be marrying ME!! (bahaha)

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to set the account straight that day we were painting for your dad...you pushed me into the bookshelf that preempted the falling of the stamps...and as far as painting goes...I carried you that day. You with your dainty paint stroke like you’re painting an "Icon"...no, it’s a garage, you slop it on and move-on. If I might add, the "Icon" that is hanging in our living room that you painted is fantastic. You got skills sis;)

Maia, you are an amazing woman. God has blessed me with a creative, wacky, artistic sister. I have soooooo much fun with you, and I have learned a lot from you. As far as our differences, that is the beauty of this world. How boring life would be if everyone was the same. I appreciate you more than you know. I have soooooo much respect for you. I am so glad we had the war debate that metamorphosized into a beautiful conversation about similarities and differences. Through that conversation, I grew as you bestowed your wisdom on me. I firmly embrace you for your differences as you recognize our similarities. Thank you for taking me into your life and being patient with me. I look forward to the many memories we will have...specifically the one where I embarrass you with the newly discovered video of your childhood at your wedding. Your guests will be reeling in laughter, and I will be laughing harder and louder than everyone as I see the expression on your face;) I love you Maia. Thank you for your kind words.

KBjP

10:18 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Dang it bro, you're going to make me cry!! I love ya too!!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home