flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

a tribute to my fam





Now that I've written a blog about my bro-in-law Kris, I thought I'd upload a few pic's of the rest of the family clan.

One of the things that I appreciate about my family is the diversity that is represented within it. My mum and her three sisters (none of whom are biologically related) were adopted by my grandparents. There are several different cultural heritages represented among my mum and her sisters. This love of 'diversity' and a desire to take in children who were in need of a loving home was one of my mum's many 'inspirations' for becoming a foster parent. I'm sure that our own family must look rather strange to people who don't know us. I really love the fact that my parents are foster parents and that I have had the priviledge of loving these children who God has placed in our lives. Sometimes it's tough (I won't lie) and living with children 24/7 can be 'tiring'...but the joys far outweigh the moments of frustration. And who knows, maybe one day I'll be a foster parent too ;) I love you guys!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home