flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Friday, November 10, 2006

feeling a little "lightheaded"...


Today was one of those days where I felt that I should have been cast for the lead role in the movie "Clueless".

Now, I know that I can, on occasion, say 'dumb blonde' comments (in fact, if you would like a re-telling of all of my blonde moments, just ask Ben Naylor. Or any of my friends for that matter. These moments of 'blondness' have fondly been called "Maia Facts")

The first 'blonde moment' happened while talking to my buddy Tys on msn. His display name says "Needs? Ya, I got needs, big needs. Nothing that 300lbs of pure torque can't take care of though!!" When I saw his name I responded with "I'd consume 300lbs of torque!!". He laughed and said "Do you know what that's from?!". Turns out that a torque is a car part, not to be confused with the dessert commonly referred to as a TORTE. Easy mistake right?!

The second incident occurred at 11:30 pm when I drove into my driveway. After parking my car I realized that my key wouldn't come out of the ignition. Odd, I thought to myself, but it's happened before. I tried again. And again. Still nothing. This was most peculiar. It was stuck. I didn't know what to do and, because my keys were in my ignition, I knew I couldn't get into the house (someone later pointed out that, had I detached my key FROM my keychain, I could have gotten into the house...point taken). So, I called my dad on my cell (woke the poor guy up) and, he came out in his robe looking rather deshevelled (no Megsy, not de-shelved...haha). After about 5 minutes of attempting to pull the key out of the ignition as well as a trip inside to get a flashlight, he looked down at my gear shifter. Still in DRIVE *idiot*.

Third incident happened at around 12:00 am (only half an hour later) in the prayer room. While pouring my heart out to God in the form of text written on an image, I wrote: "Father, replace love with hatred". After re-reading it, I suddenly realized "hey, that's not right!!" and burst into laughter *thus ending the quiet in the prayer room*.

I suppose we all have our 'days'...mine just seem to be more frequent this week...*sigh*

5 Comments:

Blogger QueenBee said...

Ummm....Maia torque is not a car part...
Torque -
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin torquEre to twist
1 : a force that produces or tends to produce rotation or torsion (an automobile engine delivers torque to the drive shaft); also : a measure of the effectiveness of such a force that consists of the product of the force and the perpendicular distance from the line of action of the force to the axis of rotation
2 : a turning or twisting force

**as per the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary**

7:42 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

haha oh dear. it's funny because stuff like that his my life so i rarely take notice now...

and it's dis-shelved not de-shelved. but i laughed all the same!

oh maia what would we do with out 300 pounds of torte hey! hahaha

12:09 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

mmm, torte

12:30 PM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

I join you in the dork days...gosh - I am BASHING my head against a wall right now! For lack of time and space we'll just stick with the current reality that I'M A TOTAL DOLT! I think God allows us these kinds of days to keep us humble and amused! I'm missing my comfort food at the moment...dang chocolate!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Last nite at BP's we discovered that I had been misinformed about what a torque really is. I think there's a bit of 'blonde' in all of us...some just got hit with the 'blonde stick' a lil more severely...hahaha!!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home