flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

something in that name...

Last night several of my friends and I went to see one of my favorite plays: The importance of being Earnest. Oscar Wilde's wit and hilarious turn of events are sure to leave any audience laughing and saying 'dang, that's a good line! I'll have to use that sometime!! One guy in the audience seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the play. He was fully laughing out loud without holding back. He is my new hero :) To be honest, I don't think I've ever met a man named Earnest. However, I worry that, if I ever did, I would begin reciting lines from this play to him and would, most likely, freak him right out!! If you have a chance, go see the play (it is being put on by the TWU drama department). My friends and I all agreed: Algernon had a brutal English accent (no offence buddy) but Jack/Earnest was amazing...a natural!! Even Ryan called him dreamy!! Here are a few of my favorite lines from the play:


"I don't think I would care to catch a sensible man. I shouldn't know what to talk to him about!" Cecily

"Well I can't eat my muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them". Algernon

2 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

oooh there was this one line that i loved ...oh yes "if you don't take long i will wait forever!" HAHAH LOVE IT!! once again. SOOO sad that CBC did that play without me!!!!!!!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess I have a lot of quotes to memorize! It was so funny!! YA! It made me happy. I need to find a man named Earnest.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home