flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Monday, October 09, 2006

tis the season...

I really love holidays. Not just because it signifies a day off and, generally, some good grub, but because holidays bring people together. Tonite, after my own family Thanksgiving dinner, I went over to the Naylor house (always a ton o' fun). The Naylor's had 30 people over for Thanksgiving dinner!! *HOKEY CRAP* They welcome in the 'abandoned' (aka. those without families for Thanksgiving) and the usual family friends. When I walked in the door I was greeted with many 'HEY'S!!' and 'Good to see you!!'. When asked where I was for the eating portion of the evening (mmm, food) I said that I had been eating with my family. One of my friend's mum's replied 'But we're your family too!!'. *insert warm and fuzzy feelings*. After a smile and a 'yes, you're quite right', I proceeded to tell them about my incident on the way over. At the Fort gas station, this creepy guy (in a kidnapper-style van) pulled up beside me and waited for me to come back from paying inside. He then stepped out from behind the van and said, in his creepy voice, 'hey there, I really like your hair'. Frightened and eyeing the kidnapper van I nervously said 'thank you' and walked quickly towards my trusty Saturn. After I told the 'grown ups' my story, RySu's mum laughed and said to her husband 'honey, I never saw you sneak out!'. An uproar of laughter filled the room. After I tried to 'patch things up' (aka. dig myself deeper in the hole) by saying that Mr. Suzuki was not at all creepy I went down to where the 'kids' were hanging out and playing games. We laughed, we cried (oh wait, that was due to Ben's Dutch Blitz fits of rage), we randomly all began singing a Frank Sinatra classic, we ate more pie than we should have. It was brilliant. These are the memories that I will forever cherish. AND, the most miraculous thing of all, Mama Maria (aka. Maria Cherry) didn't hurt anyone this Thanksgiving!! HAHA!! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger QueenBee said...

I must admit I was quite proud of my Mama for restraining her natural instincts so well yesterday. However, I think the lack of injuries may be mostly due to the fact that she was kept upstairs with the adults and well away from the 'kids'- HAHA

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home