flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

remembering to exhale...


Life is strange. Cool, but strange. Today I had a really great conversation with a friend of mine. This conversation was long overdue. It felt so freeing to talk about our pasts, to share about our lives at this point, what we've learned, how the difficult circumstances in our lives have changed us for the better. It's funny how, at the time, the challenges you are facing seem to overpower your every thought...they consume you. Then an odd thing happens. As time progresses and you gain perspective and acquire new experiences the memories begin to grow more faint. You find yourself asking the question: "Did that ever really happen??" I feel like a 'burden' (of sorts) has been lifted off of my chest. The words that I've always wanted to say have been said. God doesn't always answer our prayers in the way we have asked/anticipated. His sense of timing is often vastly different from our own. However, one thing is for certain: His timing is perfect.

So I guess what I really want to say is this...thank you friend. Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for looking past the broken pieces and, instead, choosing to see a work of art.

*artwork by Erica Grimm-Vance

1 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

:) i'm glad that you were forgiven.
good feeling.
i was so confused by the artwork...i figured it out.
love you chicken do.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home