flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

change is a brewin...


A new year often signifies 'change'. I feel that this upcoming year is going to be a year of change (I'm praying that is it). 2006 was a great year. I encountered a number of 'life changes' (FINALLY graduating from school and beginning teaching) as well as a number of challenges.
I'm stoked about 2007 because (drumroll please) ANNE AND I LEAVE FOR AUSTRALIA THIS YEAR!! I was always saying to people "next year I'm leaving for Australia". But now I can say "THIS YEAR i'm leaving for Australia". I'm started to get really excited about going. I don't have nearly enough money saved yet. We don't have a lot of the 'major details' worked out. There are still some big decisions we need to make. BUT, I'm trying not to stress it :) I think I need a 'change of pace' (there's that 'change' theme again). I need to step out of my 'bubble' and go explore this amazing world I'm in!! I'm ALSO stoked because I am going to be spending Christmas with some very dear friends IN AUSTRALIA!! Natty's aunt and uncle have a farm in Australia (Victoria) and Natty and Corrie are planning on coming out for Christmas where Anne and I will meet up with them. Also attending our 'Christmas in Australia' get together will be our awesome South African friends Audri and David who will be working as chefs in Australia the same time that Anne and I are there *how cool is that?!* Then I was talking to Audri and Dave's good friend Yanni today (ok it's not actually SPELLED like that but that's how it sounds...haha) is thinking of also coming (he's debating between Australia and Taiwan)!! *Yanni, I don't want to pressure you BUT COME!!* It's going to be awesome :) Here's to new friends, new challenges and, most importantly, CHANGE!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

i think i'm going to join your little troop around that time (natasha already said i could!)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Really?!

10:28 PM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

so who's this anne chick? I think Dan needs a special pass from everyone going...dun dun dun...

7:41 AM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

Hmm...special pass??!? Dang it, how many references do I need and who do I pay off?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:51 PM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

Basically it'll come down to an arm wrestle...with a crocodile. I'll pray for ya...

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home