flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


Hokey crap!! 2007 you say?! Unbelieveable!! Yes folks, it's true...it's officially 2007. Only 3 more years until the Olympics (remember, we are going to sign up to be volunteers!!). I've had a very relaxing Christmas break. This year was the quietest/oddest Christmas I've had so far. Sarah and Kris were in Oregon and both of our kids were visiting with their families for Christmas Eve/Day so it was just my mum, dad and I. We went to a really awesome Christmas Eve service at their church and I got to visit with a lot of people I grew up with which was sweet!! I love hearing what everyone is doing with their lives...it's encouraging :) We open our presents on Christmas Eve (the only way to go) and then opened stockings together on Christmas morning. On Boxing Day my mum, dad, Chloe (our 7 month baby) and I headed to Victoria. Usually it's quite busy with all of the cousins, etc etc BUT this year they were all working!! So I did lots of 'baby duty', visited with my grandparents and went for long walks by the ocean...very peaceful. I spent New Year's at the Naylors (classic) and got to see some people that I haven't seen in years!! We played lots of Donkey Konga (I love that game!!), Dutch Blitz, visited and, of course, at midnight screamed and ran around outside. Actually it was funny because at about 11:55 I said "uh guys, it's 2007 in 5 MINUTES!! Turn off the game system and turn on the TV!!". Tyson, Amy, Megs, Janny and I were the only ones that went outside and ran around...haha. We took lots of hilarious photo's (Jan, I need to get those from you) and then got locked out of the house...party poopers (heh heh). Other than that I've been visiting with people and sleeping in!! Yesterday I went down to Lynden to visit Liz and then we came back up here and went for dinner at the new Old Spaghetti Factory in Langley (soooo yummy).
At the beginning of every year I always go back and read my journal and see where I was at/what I was doing at the same time last year. This time last year I was preparing to head into the 'full immersion' component of my PDP practicum and I was slightly nervous. It's really encouraging to see God at work in my life and to stop and take the time to thank Him for his faithfulness. God has answered so many of my prayers...not always in the way I had planned, but heck, it's 10 times better!! Megs and I came up with New Year's 'resolutions' (more like dares...haha) for one another. I've never really been a person to make New Year's resolutions because I never keep them and, I figure, why purposefully disappoint yourself?! However, I do have a lot of areas of my life that are in serious need of a 'renovation'. After spending a fair bit of time reflecting on my life this break, I've realized that I'm not FULLY enjoying everything that God has for me. God can do AMAZING things through those are willing to be used and I want to be used!! I feel so ill equipped sometimes...but God welcomes the humble and He will do the 'equipping'. I always place limitations on God. I say "here you can have THIS part of my life.. But this part? Heck no!! I have my own plans!!" And why do I doubt?! We serve the SAME God that saved Daniel in the lion's den, the SAME God that healed the blind and sick, the SAME God that used a shepherd to slay a giant, the SAME God who turned a man who was pursecuting His people into a God-fearing, jail breaking, preaching machine!! I want to experience all that God has...I don't want to 'settle' for a second rate faith. I'm tired of apathy. I'm tired of trying to do it on my own. I want to be molded, I want to place my life in the potter's hands. My prayer this year is that I will pursue hard after Christ. I feel 'overwhelmed' by all of the 'needs improvement' signs flashing in my life. I need to take it one day at a time. God, I don't want to place limitations on You. I want to experience life to the UTMOST...to You be the glory...

1 Comments:

Blogger Smelly Melly said...

A very challenging new year's resolution. I think it's time to pursue God hard. I need him now more than ever... I will tell you what's going on in my family when I get back... It's pretty scary

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home