flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Baggage isn't always a bad thing...;)

This is Chloe. This is Chloe in the backpack I purchased for my Australia 2007/2008 trip!! (gosh darn it, I wish I could take her!! I know I'm biased, but isn't she precious?!). On January 19th Chloe is going to leave us for good. Her mum has worked really hard to prove that she is ready to be a 'full time' mum (which is awesome). One of the most common questions that we get asked about foster care is "How do you do it? How do you say goodbye to these children that you have helped to raise? That you have seen grow?". The answer is, by God's grace. I wish I could say that it gets easier every time, but it doesn't. The thought of welcoming a new little one into the house is always a bit overwhelming. At this 'transition' time my family always asks: "Can I go through this again? Do I have the capacity to love another child this much?" and, no surprise, we go through it again and love the next child just as much. As soon as I see that cute little face in the carry on, I'm 'smitten'.

We love you Chloe and we'll miss you.


5 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

awe the goshulaks. seriously so much love, I pray that God would allow this to be a smooth transition and show you his love and grace through this time. Even though it sucks i pray that you adn your family would be strengthened and encouraged by God's healing in this situation. you guys are awesome.

11:12 PM  
Blogger QueenBee said...

Kudos to Chloe's mom for working so hard at proving herself capable and kudos to your family for taking in these kids and giving them a safe and loving environment to live in while their parents get themselves straightened out.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

What a cutie!!! That's great the her mom has worked so hard to be a good mom for her daughter.

8:54 AM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

Are you sure you're going to fit all your stuff for Australia in that bag?!!!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

I'd better!! It's 75 litres!!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home