flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

cabbages and kings

When asked the question "So, what do you really want for your birthday?" my usual response is "a unicorn of course". In a previous blog entry I mentioned my long-time fascination with fairies. However, my fascination goes far beyond fairies to other mystical creatures including centaurs, unicorns, gnomes and dragons. I simply love the world of fantasy. One of my friends once said "Maia, you should have been born in Narnia!!" *sigh, if only*. However, before going any further, I must confess that I am not as die hard a fan of the 'fantastical' as some. I don't own t-shirts, posters, jewelry, video games, figurines or a collection of books/movies (ok, I have a few 'fairy/medieval-style' art pieces). I do love movies such as "Labyrinth", "The Never Ending Story" and "The Lord of the Rings" and one day I want to have Edna make me a long/flowing cape to match my medieval gown. I mean, c'mon, capes are cool!!
When I was a little girl I used to say, "When I die, I want to be taken up to heaven on a white unicorn with wings". I don't think that dream has ever died. I wonder if there will be, what we would call, "mystical creatures" in heaven. If you read the book of Revelation, there are some pretty crazy 'creatures' mentioned!!
I guess you can understand why my medieval/fantasty style birthday party is really a dream come true. So, if you were to ask me what I REALLY want for my birthday...my wish will soon be granted :) So many people that I love, all in one room, dressed up in fairy tale inspired costumes, enjoying a medieval style feast and laughing till it hurts :) I mean, a Unicorn WOULD be pretty sweet, I'm not going to lie...but I think I'll settle for some good friends dressed up in costumes who are enjoying some DDR and attempting to joust on a tricycle.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pip, what does DDR stand for?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Dance Dance Revolution baby!!! BRING IT!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

not to rub it in...but I have a cape. *sniff sniff * wish I wasn't shooting a wedding next weekend... *sniff sniff* I'll just have to run around in my cape to make myself feel better. Maybe I'll wear my costume too...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

oh my gosh sarah didnt' know what DDR was..that's ok i'll forgive her...i suppose.

YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOO DOEEE DEE!!

haha...i hope you felt special today because lets face it. you ARE> *sigh* praise God for brining you into this world 23 years ago...imagine my life without you...SICK hahaha...
anyways love lvoe.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home