flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Friday, December 15, 2006

A ride of Christmas cheer?! I THINK NOT!!


I was extremely excited to, once again, partake in the holiday festivities that our wonderful city has to offer. Tonight I will be driving down the colourfully lit streets of Vancouver, through the lush greens of Stanley Park and taking a ride on the joyous Christmas Train that has brought delight to boys and girls for countless years. I WAS excited...until I remembered one small detail. I AM TERRIFIED OF THE STANLEY PARK TRAIN!! Let me explain. Several years ago I took a group of youth to ride on the Stanley Park Christmas Train. After admiring the Christmas lights, trying some "chestnuts roasted on an open fire" (highly overrated), it was finally our turn to board the holiday train. I was thoroughly enjoying my ride at this point. There were live reindeer, wooden Christmas creatures scattered throughout the trees and a beautiful lady in white who stood on stilts and gracefully waved her transparent wings. Ahh, magnificent! But then...it happened. As we were turning the corner we approached a dimly lit shed. As we passed by, I saw a dark shadow leaning next to the shed. What was this? Suddenly, I noticed that it was moving! THE SHADOW WAS ALIVE!! Slowly it drummed its long fingers. Up and down, up and down until BOOM!! It suddenly turned to face the train, opened its arms wide and flashed a terrifying smile!! IT WAS THE GRINCH!! Immediately I let out a SHRIEK and buried my head in the person's shoulder who was sitting next to me (one of my youth). I was PETRIFIED!! My heart was racing. I couldn't look. I knew that I had freaked out half of the train and I could hear laughter from my fellow train passengers.
This is why I fear the Stanley Park Christmas train. A ride that is supposed to fill you with holiday cheer and give you 'warm fuzzies' freaked the living crap out of me!! Let's just say this...I'll be watching for you Grinch. You and your long drumming fingers too!!

5 Comments:

Blogger QueenBee said...

Oh Maia...There is nothing to fear from the Grinch...He is merely a poor misunderstood being that only wants to be loved.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

hehe, my sister has never watched the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch cause she's also scared of him!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm not afraid of the Grinch himself. I'm afraid of the Grinch who LEAPS OUT from behind sheds and freaks the CRAP out of me!!! I'm afraid of the sneaky Grinch!!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Jaclyn_Rose said...

The real life Grinch is very scary! I've seen the previews when he walks down the stairs on his fingertips and toes! That just isn't natural!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Hahaha..point taken ;) I can definitely understand your 'fear' of the Grinch. I am STILL afraid of Ms. Finch (featured on the Sesame Street movie "Follow that bird"). I still open my closet and look for her sometimes...

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home