flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Friday, November 17, 2006

it started out like any other day...


Yes, it's true. I am officially 23. Not 22 and a half, not 22 and three quarters. Just plain 23 (and one day). I wanted to thank all of my friends for making my day so awesome and for making me feel so loved *aww*

My Birthday greetings actually began the night before. I recieved a very silly phone call from Anne and her boss Mr. Knor (love ya Knors!!) in Ontario. Anne called at 12 am Ontario time and was the first to wish me 'happy birthday' on the actual day of my birthday (November 16th). That was just the beginning...

When I woke up yesterday morning I had numerous phone messages, text messages and e-mails. Lots of variations of "happy birthday" were sung and there was plenty of laughter (loved it). Birthdays are kind of strange...you know that the day is 'different' but no one else around you knows it. It's like when you've forgotten to put on deoderant in the morning, but you're the only one that knows! (hopefully bad body odor doesn't give you away in that case...sick!!). Anyways, I didn't tell the class I was teaching that it was my birthday. But then, at the end of the day, several of my students hung around and we were talking and one girl was like "it's my birthday on Monday!!". So I said "oh, guess what?? It's my birthday today too!". *Side bar: Last nite at dinner, Jeremiah said that I couldn't be a teacher. When Kristian asked him why not, Jeremiah said "well, you have to be at least 25 to be a teacher!!". My eight year old brother is mocking me already!!*

After school I went for a run, relaxed and then Sarah and Kristian came over for supper. I got a phone call from my good friend Al in Edmonton during supper (have to return that call!!) which was very thoughtful :) My mum made a delicious dinner (butter chicken...mmm) and my FAVORITE cake for dessert: CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING!! Also during dinner, Anna and Liz stopped by with a yummy chocolate cake (with candles) to sing happy birthday. Thanks guys!! After dinner we had presents and then I popped over to Corrie and Natty's house for a visit. Corrie had made me cupcakes (gluten free of course) and they got me a sweet purse and tank top. Seriously, WAY too thoughtful!! I finally returned home and tucked myself into bed. But did the fun stop there?! NO!! At 11:15 I heard a weird sound...someone was throwing stuff at my window!! I looked outside and saw a car (keep in mind, I didn't have my contacts in or glasses on) and I thought "oh my gosh, someone is trying to get into my window!!". However, when I looked out again I saw Megs and Janelle (and a funny caterpillar balloon) waiting to wish me a happy day. We laughed lots and, I'm sure, woke up the entire neighbourhood!! I love you guys!! Seriously, so funny (by the way, loved the phone message Megsy...hahaha!!).

Anyways, thank you everyone!! I felt so special/loved :) I can't wait to see you all at my birthday party next Saturday nite!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

mission accomplished!!!

ps. mom found the arbour. :D

12:57 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

YES!! I love your MUM!!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MAIA!
I did remember I just didn't manage to get an email your way. Sorry about that. I'm glad you had a great day with lots of laughs.

Love and blessings,

Jenny*

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home