flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

kindred spirits


Every time I see my dearest friend Megs I think to myself "MEGS, I LOVE YOU" (and quite often, I tell her just that...). I still remember the exact moment when Megs and I first truly 'bonded'. I was in Grade 11, she was in Grade 10. We were at an Alpha youth retreat and for some odd reason, we were hyper active (gosh, that doesn't sound like us at all!! baha!!). I had put a bag on my head and was running around saying "AH HA!! I HAVE A BAG ON MY HEAD!!" Megs looked at me and thought "Gosh, what a dork. I think we could be good friends!!". And from then on...we have :) Megs and I have been through a lot together. Disappointments, broken hearts, tears, prayers, triumphs and laughter...oh so much laughter :) We are very different in a lot of ways but very similar in others. The great thing about our friendship is that we allow one another to be ourselves. Megs will often say "that's not me...but it's SO you". Megs has been there for all of the big 'milestones' in my life...for this, I am truly thankful :) Every time she goes away, I don't think I'll be able to survive without her. Somehow I always do...but life just seems a bit less 'colourful'...it's too quiet ;) Megan...your friendship has meant more to me than you'll ever know. God knew that I needed you in my life...He has truly enriched my life by bringing you into it and having you be such a significant part of it. Here is why I love Megsy so much...

- Megs helps me not to take myself so seriously. I can be a dork with Megs and I never feel self conscious...
- She is always willing to be my 'shoulder to cry on'...and believe me...I've cried on it many a time ;)
- Megs doesn't care what people think of her...she's genuine. I have learned a lot from her...
- She is always honest with me with both the 'joys' and 'struggles' in her life
- No matter how far apart we are, I still feel closely connected to her...
- She laughs at random cards that say things like "eat a button" (even if that means freaking out the sales associates...)
- One time, I was in Superstore, and I heard a very familiar laugh 2 ISLES DOWN!! I love your laugh...really...it brings joy to my heart :)
- I love to see her engaged in worship...when she is simply enjoying being in the presence of God...
- I love that she tells me to stop overanalyzing and relax ;)
- She LOVES events that require a costume...Megs doesn't go 'half ways'...she goes ALL OUT!! (youth mall man hunts, murder mystery dinners, rough acres, birthday parties, halloween...you name it!!)
- I love that she can't spell to save her life...hahaha...
- Megs knows when it's time to put 'joking aside' and take the time to listen and discuss...she's got a lot of depth to her...
- I love that small and random things will make her day...
- I love that I never get tired of hanging out with her and hearing what she has to say
- She gives the best hugs
- Whenever Megs is in the room...there is sure to be laughter and plenty of smiles :)
- Megs possesses a lot of spiritual wisdom and discernment. I know that she doesn't make rash decisions...
- Megs has a passion for people...if she feels God calling her to go somewhere, she goes...
- She loves musicals (she'll make up a 'Newsies' routine and dance with me in the kitchen...haha)
- We can just sit and read together...no talking required...
- She is an amazingly talented woman (awesome youth leader, talented photographer, great 'people person', amazing artist...the list goes on forever...)
- She has taught me so much about God and has helped to shape the person that I am today (and the person that I will continue to become)
- Megs understands my random thought patterns...even when no one else does...
- We are bound together by our faith in Christ...the strongest foundation of any relationship...

Thank you Megs. Thank you for joining me in this crazy journey of life. I love you :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

...honest maia, speachless, that doesnt' happen often. thank you maia. for real, thank you.

we truly are kindred spirits and i love you emmensly. wow, way to make me misty at 1:20 in the morning!

i have nothing to say...but, ditto times a million.

1:18 AM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

and the list could go on...truly an incredible person and friend...sigh...wish I could run around with a bag on my head or ride shopping carts down a steep hill in a skirt! LOVE YA...MISS YA...*muah*

6:45 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

*sigh* i really miss you ...it feels like all too long since we've talked...but alas i am done with homework now! AWE YEAH

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home