flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

bewitched, bothered and bewildered....


This snow has thrown my 'seasonal clock' for a spin. I feel like it should be Christmas!! I want to listen to Christmas music, sing carols, drink hot chocolate, eat too much food...and so, I have :) The winter season has come with a boom and, besides the bitter wind chill and the bad driving conditions, I've been loving it :) Here's what I've been up to for the past few days:

- Went sledding down a ravine with Corrie, Natty and Janelle. On my third 'run' down the hill, my leg got completely tangled around a tree and Corrie had to come and 'free' me...haha!
- Drank mass amounts of tea and hot chocolate
- Did plenty of 'snow tackling'...heh heh
- Watched "A Muppet's Christmas Carol" (love it!) and laughed a lot!!
- Made a delicious omlette breakfast with the house o' girls up the road (soooo yummy)
- Took some fun snow pictures
- Got insanely hyper with Megs
- Walked in the "ghost town" (aka. Fort Langley) with Janny and Megs and stopped for some delicious soup at Wendel's for dinner
- Randomly ended up hanging out with Chris King who I haven't seen in MONTHS!! It was great to see you Chris :)
- Got completely freaked out in some scary basement in the Fort (thanks Chris...)
- Watched my fairy tale/fantasy party video with Janny and Liz!!
- Frolicked home in the snow with Liz at 11:30 at nite. Good conversation time :)
- Walked up to Starbucks and met up with some friends
- Laughed hysterically because I kept slipping all over the place on the ice when I was walking (thanks for 'lending me your arm' Natty! )
- Made my friends a lunch consisting of asparagas and homemade sweet potato fries (very tasty). The 'downside' of this one was that I ended up giving my thumb a fatty burn from the oven..arg!! Thank you aloe vera gel!!
- Had a wonderful chat with my dear friend Holly in Oregon
- Slept in until 9:00 for two mornings in a row!! Unbelievable!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

mmmm isn't bead delicious when it's sooo cold out...my house is really cold...stupid heat isn't quite hot enough...it makes me want to crawl into bed right now...alas i will fight the urge...or will I...yes yes i must! hahaha...awe me darlin' good times have been had for shure. *i spelt sure like that on purpose!*

5:33 PM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

your life is too full of fun...now i'm envious.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

now?! haven't you always been envious?! baha!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Erin Kathryn Davis said...

Hi Maia,

Nice to see you've been enjoying the SNOW!!! Isn't it beautiful! Plus you've obviously gotten a little break from TOCing which I'm sure has been lovely. Your blog has suddenly made me crave hot chocolate. mmm

Talk soon =)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Erin!! We need to hang out soon!! I am planning on heading to MEC one of these days...want to help me pick out a backpack?! I NEED YOUR OUTDOORSY EXPERTISE!! Also - let's hit up the Naam!! Mmmm...

10:00 AM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

Dang you westerners getting snow before the epicenter! Actually, our first snowfall was in the middle of October, but we haven't seen the fluffy stuff since! We enjoyed 17 degree weather today...make a snow man for me...actually a snow prince would be lovely! That way HE could melt and not me...not bitter! not bitter!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home