flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Life according to Maia


Here are some of my random thoughts/'happenings' from this past week:
- Yesterday morning Mel and I went for a 'rotic date' (a date without the 'man') to White Rock. We walked along the pier, played stick/rock baseball, took silly photos and enjoyed some delicious fish and chips. Mmmm...
- Random fact for the day: If your parents never had children it is most likely that you will also never have children.
- You can 'create' a summertime experience by having a hot tub / s'more party...even if it's February!!
- Lint burns really well in a fire.
- I went to see a play at TWU on Friday night. Although I can't remember the title of the play, it really struck a chord with me. I need to get out of my 'bubble' sometimes...
- Dancing in Robson Lounge is really fun...especially when you are 'discovered' by strangers...
- I enjoy meeting random new people. On Friday night we ended up talking to this guy Will for over two hours. And, amazingly enough, we have mutual friends!! My favorite part of the night: Demonstrating who Terry Fox was for Jessica.
- Apparently the TWU Art Department still has some of my artwork. As we were looking at the artwork that was on display I suddenly said "Hey! That's my piece!" I was tempted to steal it...frame and all. I resisted that urge...
- The Office makes me really happy.
- Breaking old habits is hard and I often lack self control...sometimes I get really frustrated with myself. Thankfully God doesn't give up on me...He continuously 'breaks my fall' and reminds me to keep pressing forward...
- I'm enjoying 1 Peter. Currently I'm very challenged by these verses: "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us" (2: 11-12)
- I love genuine outpourings of the heart...
- "You rarely defend the things you love. You enjoy them and tell others about them and invite others to enjoy them with you" Velvet Elvis
- On Friday Ben and I went out for coffee...it was a lot of fun. I have been blessed with amazing friends...
- I need to learn to be more content. When we lack contentment, we are essentially saying to God "You don't know how to provide for me". I want to learn the art of contentment...

6 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

YAY UPDATE> i love getting snipits of your thoughts...even though i know i can have the whole thought, it can't always happen everyday ..hahaha... love you like adam sandler loves meatball *his dog*

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Pip...
If your parents never had children, then that would mean that they wouldn't have you...
Hee hee hee!!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mommies with Spanktacular ideas said...

hey stranger...not-so-random word of the day for you...AUSTRALIA!!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

hey...that was ME...not Sarah! LOL...

6:02 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Seriously...I'm getting stoked...AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts so candidly :)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home