flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007


Well dear friends, it has come. Yup, today is Valentine's Day! I have never really been a big 'fan' of Valentine's Day. I have always grumbled that it is a day for consumers, a day where (most gifts) are given with very little thought and more a sense of obligation and that people should express their love the other 364 days of the year as well. However, all that changed last year...last year I decided to fully embrace Valentine's Day. This time last year I was doing my PDP practicum in a Grade 4/5 classroom and, let me tell you, Valentine's Day is a BIG deal for kids. We spent all week making our Valentine's mailboxes and doing Valentine's crosswords and art activities. By the time the day finally arrived I was more excited than my students!! I recieved chocolates, flowers, homemade cards and even some Valentine's greetings from celebrities such as Spiderman and Sponge Bob (sorry Spongey, you're just not my type). SO, to all of my friends I just want to wish you a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! I love you and I'm thankful that you are a part of my life :) If you aren't my friend and are reading this *cough stalker* then I suppose I love you too ;) Take the time to tell your friends/family what they mean to you today and EVERYDAY of the year :)
ps - tonight is the Pirate Valentine's Day Party!! (Gosh - you know what would make my night? If Jack Sparrow showed up and asked me to be his Valentine...*sigh*)

2 Comments:

Blogger QueenBee said...

I had a midterm Wednesday and couldn't make it to the party - I bet it was wonderful!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home