flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Monday, September 11, 2006

fact or fiction: all good things must come to an end


well, it's over. with one 5:30 am phone call my summer has come to an end. several observations from my early morning awakening: 1. the calling lady (helen) is very perky at 5:30 in the morning...perhaps she delights in waking others from their slumber 2. it's darker in the mornings now...I had to say 'oh, hold on...i need to turn my light on to write this down". 3. i was lying awake before she even called. i was hungry...haha.

the 'funny' thing is that, although this was my first day back, it ended up being a shorter day. just after lunch time i started feeling really sick. i am rarely sick...but this summer i had a cold and the flu!! a record for a year, let alone in one month!! so, i tried really hard to make it till the end of the day, but, as i was holding onto the side of the wall as i walked down the hall and feeling like my head was on fire, i decided 'k, you need to go home'. i walked into the office and the secretary (who was amazing) and the principal looked at me and said 'go home maia'. i made it until 2 o'clock :( for those of you who know me, i never really skipped classes, never handed anything in late. bottom line: i like to finish what i started. however, this time, i agreed with the principal and the secretary. thankfully i was working in esl today doing paperwork, filing and photocopying *woot woot* so i didn't have a class of kiddos. i can hear them now 'ms. goshulak, your face looks all funny'. back to my summertime blues...i guess that 'all good things must come to an end'. but i more prefer to think of it as one chapter closing and another opening. or, plain and simple, summer's over, fall is here, welcome to reality...haha.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Hey Maia, my computer is finally allowing me to comment on your blog! 'Aint technology great?

Sorry to hear about your illness. I remember working at McD's my last year of highschool and having to bolt from the drive thru window to the bathroom :s not the most fun time. I can empathize with you :)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

hey jenny!! thanks for your sympathy...i'm feeling much better today :) two words to bring you back to our childhood: oh zorro!! baha!! keep me posted about your crazy life!!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home