flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

praying for a miracle


Yesterday afternoon I had the priviledge of visiting my newly married friends, Laura and Conor, in Lynden. Laura and Conor are a truly amazing couple. Throughout both their courtship and engagement they have overcome several significant obstacles. However, a far greater obstacle has crossed their path. After only 5 weeks of being married, Conor was diagnosed with brain cancer.

I met Laura through the education program at TWU. She is a remarkable person...always smiling and extremely determined. I met Conor through Laura. He is a youth pastor with a heart to share the gospel of Christ. He constantly displays the joy of the Lord.

I was both blessed and humbled by my visit with them yesterday. Although so many 'unknowns' still loom ahead, it is apparent that both Laura and Conor have unwavering confidence that God is walking beside them. Right before Conor entered surgery, the surgeon was telling him about how he used to go to church and Conor told me 'hey, i thought, this is as good a time as any to invite him out to my church'. So he did. Right after Conor got out of surgery he was cracking jokes and making his visitors laugh. Not once has Conor said "Why did God do this to me?". There is a peace about him. A peace that only God can bring. Today Conor is returning to his high school to preach about God's faithfulness.

While visiting with them, it was amazing to see the way that God has knit them so tightly together. There are still so many questions. So much uncertainty. We laughed together, cried together. Conor and Laura both said "we are praying for a miracle". Whatever the outcome, they know that God will use this for good. My hope in writing this blog, is that people will continue to pray for a miracle. Laura and Conor said that they have been blown away by the support they have recieved from the body of Christ. People who don't even know them are sending them cards and e-mails, telling them that they are in their prayers. PLEASE join with us and pray. Pray for strength. Pray for Conor as he is going to go for another surgery (hopefully to remove up to 95% of the tumor). He has already had one surgery (and has a pretty sweet scar to prove it). They have already seen God perform miracles in their medical bills and in the work of the physicians. Please also pray for Laura. She is a Canadian living in the States and has a lot of paperwork to go through. Pray that she will continue to be encouraged and cling to Truth. The verse that has become Laura and Conor's prayer comes from Psalm 91: "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliever him and honour him. With LONG LIFE will I satisfy him and show him my salvation". Thank you Laura and Conor. You have blessed my life, encouraged my faith and caused me to fall to my knees in prayer. I love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home