flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

my home away from home...


This weekend Sarah, Kristian and I are going to get on a ferry boat and sail across the big blue ocean to my 'home away from home'. Where is this 'home away from home' I speak of?? INDIA!! Baha, just kidding...VICTORIA!! I love Victoria. I love walking along the ocean. I love the harbour. I love seeing the Parliament buildings lit up at night. I love the Wax Museum. I love the horse drawn carriages. I love my Granny's delicious breakfasts. I love my Grandpa's crazy stories. The whole experience is wonderful :)

The ocean is a spiritually significant place for me. I feel God's presence there. It causes me to reflect. To be still. Maybe it's because, when I'm standing by the ocean, I feel so small and God seems so big. Or perhaps it's because I'm left breathless in awe and amazement at the work of the Creator. It's amazing.

SO, this weekend we will make our voyage to BC's spectacular capital city :) I'm really looking forward to having lots of 'Granny/Grandpa' time and spending some quality time with my sis and bro-in-law. Super awesome...Kris got some 'vacation time' (much needed) and so he and Sarah are going to stay on the Island a bit longer and explore. SO if anyone wants to pick me up at the ferry terminal on Sunday (around 3/4ish) LET ME KNOW!! Hahaha. I'll buy you a cheezy 'BC ferry' souvenir from the store as payment...now if that isn't incentive, I don't know what is!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

MAIA dont' forget to get me one of those crazy pens k!??! hahahaha DUN DUN DUN

2:47 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

MEGS!! oh i won't forget...fear not! it was so fun to come and chill with you at cbc. remember, do your readings and use your inside voice ;) ba ha!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home