flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

my life ROCKS!!




I have a pretty darn good life :) Things we experience, such as rocking out at an AMAZING concert or laughing at a hilarious movie, aren't truly as fun if they aren't enjoyed with good company...
Yesterday Dan, Megs and I drove down into Seattle to see Snow Patrol live in concert (can I get a woot woot?!). After a smooth border crossing, lunch at Quizno's and a speeding ticket for Dan (oops) we found our way into the big and bold city of Seattle. I have to give 'kudos' to Dan for being such a good navigator...I am most definitely 'directionally challenged'. I also have to give him kudos for surving a day with two very enthusiastic girls who like to shop and find everything terribly exciting. Before seeing Snow Patrol we hung out at the Pikes Place Market (a very eclectic market full of fish, bobbleheads and other nick-nacks), enjoyed some Starbucks, tried to see who could get the most waves from passerbyers while sitting in Starbucks (I don't actually know who won but I got a pretty darn good head nod!! HA!!), took lots of ridiculous photos and wandered around an abandoned adventure park (lil creepy but fun). *sidebar: it is a myth that they throw fish around at the Market...I think the fishermen will if you buy a fish...unfortunately for me I don't like fish....*
Finally it was time for the concert. We were in the 'seated' section of the Key Arena (as opposed to the floor). It was kinda lame b/c people didn't stand up and the people on the floor weren't groovin!! HOWEVER, in true "Megs and Maia concert" fashion, we took matters into our own hands...we moved to a less 'busy' section and danced/jumped our little hearts out :) The music was PHENOMENAL. They played all of the songs we hoped they would AND MORE!! They even played 4 more songs in the encore!! We absolutely LOVED the entire experience :) I would go and see them again in a HEARTBEAT!! And those Irish are darn hilarious...sooo good!!
Today I also enjoyed a fun day with friends. I slept over at Megs' house last night and then met up with Ryan, Mel and Ben for sushi in Langley where we enjoyed good food and, not suprising, some good laughs ;) After a very boring meeting in Abbotsford and a drive through a snow storm (woo hoo) I met up with Tyson for some appies at BP's where he had the "worst garlic toast of his life". We laughed. We then headed over to Colossus to meet up with Mel, Megs, Ryan and Ben to watch "Music and Lyrics". Tys and I were a bit 'hesitant' (looked like a classic chick flick) but it was AWESOME!! Hugh Grant's lines were freakin hilarious and, I just HAVE to say it...he was dang hot!! Even the guys loved it!!
I really like my friends :) They find the 'simple' things in life fun and are just darn cool people!! I love you all!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

just so you knwo i won. ;) hahaha oh cheers maia! CHEERS TO GOOD TIMES!!!! man alive i really want to go to another SP show!!!!! ...and dang men with accents! hahaha

10:34 PM  
Blogger QueenBee said...

Wow - quite the adventurous life you lead!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow My pie! You guys have done so much fun stuff. Reading through your Blog has reminded me of what an awesome group of friends we have. It is making me excited to come home and jump right back into the good times again. Ps...the pariate party looked rad. You know i would have been right there with ya flinging the poo-colored candy.
*Janny

12:30 PM  
Blogger Erin Kathryn Davis said...

Maia Papaya!!

Oh how I miss your wicked sense of humour. You crack me up and I'm glad you have such a great community of friends in Langley. I always enjoy reading about your zaniness (spelling?)!! You are one spicy chica!!!

Love Erin

8:28 PM  
Blogger QueenBee said...

It was SO much fun hanging out last night and going for lunch today! It's so great to be able to hang out with you!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

you had to bring up the speeding ticket!!!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

um, i never thought i would have to say this...but NEW POST PLEASE! hahaha... love you skittle head!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home