flip flops anonymous

What can I say? I'm addicted!!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

those summer blues...

Megs informed me that an update is long overdue. My life, as per usual, has been very 'full' and I'm really enjoying this year (both the joys and the challenges). Some highlights from the past week have been: having a good chat/dinner with Jess, being reminded of how dependent I am on God in my ministry to youth, attending The Core conference on helping hurting teens (no, we were not trained how to hurt them...haha), going to a Mexican Fiesta party at Mel's and meeting new people/playing the telephone pictionary game (what?! that said ocean space, not outer space?!), getting to know people in the church better at the 'Guess who's coming to lunch?' event, spending lots of quality 'snuggle' time with our new baby, grunting and pretending to be all 'manly' with Mel while watching '300' with 14 guys, going to an avacado themed party at Liz and Anna's, catching up with Kayla and sharing what we've been learning about in 'Velvet Elvis', teaching sex-ed to a bunch of Grade 6 students, swimming laps with all of the elderly people while a techno version of ABBA broadcasts in the pool, going for a windy walk with Corrie, bringing Kristian some 'treats' (candy and beef jerky) to help cheer him up after a hard day at work, feeling like I'm back in Noah's day ABOUT TO DROWN IN ALL OF THE FREAKIN RAIN and longing for summer...

I can't wait for summer. I love summer. Summer makes me happy. I really do enjoy each of the seasons. I love the vast array of colours that Fall presents, Spring signifies 'newness' and some of my favorite flowers (daffodils, cherry blossoms and tulips) finally make their appearance. And then there's winter with its chilly nights, warm drinks, scarves, mittens and blanket of snow. And then, summer :) Summer means warm nights, bonfires, camping, walking barefoot in the sand with the sunset as your backdrop, relaxation, tube rides and drive ins. Summer makes me feel alive. I'm waiting in anticipation...

3 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

oooh i can't wait to feel alive!! i too heart the summer oh so muchly. *sigh* summer means... oh soo much! hahaha I'm glad you've had a good week my dearest.
love you like monkeys love their banana's!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

oh honestly...i love that picture. my hubby better choose that place to perpose (prapose, propose..whatever!) there! holy gorgeous place batman!!

friday ...we should...golly I dont even know!!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Hahaha, we have to do SOMETHING fun :) It's your night of FREEDOM!!! (say it loud and proud, like in Braveheart!!) I'm totally diggin that picture too...ideal proposal, I'm not going to lie...please tell my future man for me a'ight? (i'll do the same for you)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home